December 11, 2017
Lewiston-Auburn Latest News | Poll Questions | Millinocket Marathon | Roy Moore | Susan Collins

Harrison woman who was burned trying to put out kitchen fire released from hospital

By Tony Reaves, Sun Journal

HARRISON, Maine — A woman who was burned while trying to put out a kitchen fire was released from Bridgton Hospital, hospital spokeswoman Pamela Smith said Monday.

Alison Flagg’s face was burned Sunday afternoon, according to firefighters, when she tried to stop a fire that eventually destroyed a cabin owned by her boyfriend, Steve Fogg.

The Office of the State Fire Marshall didn’t respond to a call Monday, but Harrison Town Manager George Finch said the fire is believed to have been caused by overheated cooking oil.

Fire crews arrived at the scene at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to find it fully engulfed. Harrison firefighters were assisted by Paris, Waterford, Norway, Otisfield, Naples and Bridgton fire departments. The fire took about 45 minutes to extinguish.

 


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like