Late night Wells fire sends man to hospital, destroys home

Posted Feb. 23, 2013, at 2:01 p.m.
Last modified Feb. 23, 2013, at 4:35 p.m.

WELLS, Maine — A local man was taken to the hospital Friday night after he was injured in a fire at his home Post Road, a member of the Wells Fire Department said Saturday.

The injured man’s name and age were not immediately available, Firefighter Tom Signoretti said. Signoretti said the man was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland. No information was available about the extent and nature of the man’s injuries, the firefighter said.

According to Signoretti, the fire at 1422 Post Road was reported at 11:19 p.m. Friday.

When fire and emergency medical personnel arrived, flames were shooting through the roof of the single-story wood frame house and the victim was already outside.

It took fire crews about 90 minutes to get the fire under control, he said, adding that the house was gutted.

An investigator from the State Fire Marshal’s Office was at the scene early Saturday, Signoretti said.

As of 4:30 p.m., Wells fire officials had learned that the fire began in the kitchen but its cause had yet to be determined.

Watch www.bangordailynews.com for updates.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Portland