Firefighters extinguish papers left on wood drying oven at UMaine

By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff
Posted Feb. 20, 2013, at 11:08 a.m.

ORONO, Maine — Someone at Nutting Hall left a bunch of papers on top of a wood dryer and it caught fire early Wednesday, but luckily two University of Maine students noticed the flames and called for help, said UMaine spokeswoman Margaret Nagel.

“We had a catalog or binder left on top of a large wood drying oven,” she said, referring to the cause of the small fire that only damaged the papers.

Orono Fire Department responded to the blaze, reported at 12:01 a.m., and quickly extinguished the fire. Nutting Hall has classrooms and administrative offices for UMaine’s School of Forest Resources, Nagel said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/02/20/news/bangor/firefighters-extinguish-papers-left-on-wood-drying-oven-at-umaine/ printed on October 31, 2014