June 18, 2018
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Tiny House Surprise | Antiquing | Stephen King

Disruptive man leaves after police called to Diamonds, but female friend winds up arrested

By Andrew Neff, BDN Staff

BANGOR, Maine — Expecting to have to escort a male patron out of Diamonds Gentleman’s Club on Saturday night, Bangor police officers instead wound up escorting and arresting his disruptive female friend.

“At 1:15 a.m. [Saturday morning] we got a call from Diamonds about an intoxicated male who was refusing to leave,” Bangor police Sgt. Bob Bishop said Tuesday.

Officers Taylor Bagley and Josh Kuhn responded to the club, which is located at 190 Harlow St.

“They arrived and began talking to the male subject, but then engaged a female in conversation while talking to the male,” Webber said while reading the officers’ report. “The female was very loud and very drunk, and she was very aggressive to the police officers there.”

The officers continually warned the woman — Colleen M. Keefe, 48, of Veazie — that she would be charged with disorderly conduct if she continued to be disruptive.

“She did not obey the warnings and was using pretty coarse language, so they took her into custody,” Bishop said.

But not before Keefe “aggressively fought” her arrest.

“Two officers were needed to get her in control and cuff her, and there was a big struggle to get her into the car,” Bishop said.

Keefe tried to go back into Diamonds for her purse, but Bagley restrained her and asked an employee to retrieve the purse, which they did.

In the meantime, the male friend whose behavior initially prompted the call to Bangor police had left Diamonds after officers asked him to do so. Officers ran Keefe’s identification through the system and discovered she was out of jail on bail conditions that included no consumption of alcohol. Keefe also refused to submit to a blood-alcohol test, another violation of her bail conditions.

Neither Bishop nor officers at Penobscot County Jail knew what charges the bail conditions were attached to.

Keefe was charged with disorderly conduct, refusal to submit to arrest, and violation of bail conditions and transported to Penobscot County Jail, where she remains to serve a 17-day jail sentence. She is scheduled to be released Feb. 16.

“She continued to be abusive and uncooperative during the ride to [jail] and during the whole booking process,” Bishop said.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like