Baileyville fire damages duplex, kills dog

Posted Feb. 01, 2013, at 6:33 a.m.
Last modified Feb. 01, 2013, at 7:56 a.m.

BAILEYVILLE, Maine — Fire heavily damaged a duplex at 109 Main St. in Baileyville overnight.

Baileyville Fire Chief John McPhee said that the fire originated in a second-story bathroom and heavily damaged the residence of Donna Dereszeuski, who was at home when the fire was reported at 10:15 p.m. Thursday.

She was not injured, but the fire claimed the life of a dog.

“We’re not sure how it ignited,” McPhee said Friday morning. “We were able to hold the fire to the bathroom, but there was extensive smoke and water damage.”

McPhee said his department was assisted by firefighters from nearby Alexander and Baring. Also responding was the Down East Ambulance Service.

Firefighters remained at the scene until 12:45 a.m.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Down East