Comments for: Fire that destroyed historic Court Street home Thursday started in chimney, officials say

Posted Jan. 25, 2013, at 6:46 p.m.

BANGOR | The blaze that gutted a nearly 180-year-old home at 150 Court St. early Thursday morning started in the chimney, according to fire officials. “It is my opinion that it is a total loss,” Bangor Assistant Fire Chief Darrell Cyr said Friday afternoon. Gregory L. Barrows, 67, was …

Guidelines for posting on

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

Similar Articles