December 11, 2017
Midcoast Latest News | Poll Questions | Police Shooting | Roy Moore | Susan Collins

7-year-old credited with saving family from devastating Nobleboro fire


Updated:
Christopher Cousins | BDN
Christopher Cousins | BDN
This mobile home at 23 Starter Drive in Nobleboro was completely destroyed by fire early Wednesday morning, January 23, 2012. A family of five who lived there lost almost everything they owned.

NOBLEBORO, Maine — A family of five lost virtually everything they owned early Wednesday when a fast-moving fire burned their 23 Starter Drive home to the ground.

Nobleboro Fire Chief Ryan Gallagher could not be reached Wednesday by the Bangor Daily News, but he told the Lincoln County News newspaper that the fire was reported at 1:34 a.m. Wednesday. According to the newspaper, Erica Baldwin credited her 7-year-old son with waking the family and possibly saving them from injury.

Baldwin said she and her husband, Andrew Baldwin, saw the child pulling his 4-year-old sibling out of the burning bedroom. Everyone, including an older sibling, escaped the blaze unharmed except for possibly a family dog.

The state fire marshal’s office planned to investigate the fire.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like