7-year-old credited with saving family from devastating Nobleboro fire

This mobile home at 23 Starter Drive in Nobleboro was completely destroyed by fire early Wednesday morning, January 23, 2012. A family of five who lived there lost almost everything they owned.
This mobile home at 23 Starter Drive in Nobleboro was completely destroyed by fire early Wednesday morning, January 23, 2012. A family of five who lived there lost almost everything they owned.
Posted Jan. 23, 2013, at 7:22 p.m.

NOBLEBORO, Maine — A family of five lost virtually everything they owned early Wednesday when a fast-moving fire burned their 23 Starter Drive home to the ground.

Nobleboro Fire Chief Ryan Gallagher could not be reached Wednesday by the Bangor Daily News, but he told the Lincoln County News newspaper that the fire was reported at 1:34 a.m. Wednesday. According to the newspaper, Erica Baldwin credited her 7-year-old son with waking the family and possibly saving them from injury.

Baldwin said she and her husband, Andrew Baldwin, saw the child pulling his 4-year-old sibling out of the burning bedroom. Everyone, including an older sibling, escaped the blaze unharmed except for possibly a family dog.

The state fire marshal’s office planned to investigate the fire.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
The Forecaster
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business