Police probing bomb threat at Orono call center

By Ryan McLaughlin, BDN Staff
Posted Jan. 18, 2013, at 1:39 p.m.

ORONO, Maine — A bomb threat at an Orono call center slowed operations Friday morning as police investigated.

Orono police Officer Derek Dinsmore said officers were sent to Nexxlinx on Godfrey Drive around 9:30 a.m. after the reported threat. Employees had already evacuated the building when police arrived, he said.

Two bomb-sniffing dogs from Bangor were called in to aid with the search, Dinsmore said, and an inspection of the building turned up no explosives.

Dinsmore said police are investigating the matter.

“Charges could arise from this but we are investigating the information,” he said.

Dinsmore said no details were available as to how the threat was received, citing an open investigation.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/01/18/news/bangor/police-probing-bomb-threat-at-orono-call-center/ printed on November 26, 2014