Bangor bomb squad removes potential explosives from Court Street apartment

Posted Dec. 29, 2012, at 4:21 p.m.
Last modified Dec. 29, 2012, at 6:52 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — Police who were called to investigate a mental health issue at Kenduskeag Terraces on Court Street on Saturday removed what they said were components that could have been used to make an explosive device.

The incident happened after noon, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said in a news release.

Bangor police Sgt. Ken Buckley, who was among the police officers who went to the residence, declined to describe the components. He did say, however, that the items were “very basic” and that the person who had them had not gotten very far in the process.

The Bangor Police Department’s bomb squad was called in and removed items of concern from an apartment, Edwards said. The items have been destroyed.

An individual whose name was not released was taken to a local hospital for treatment. No charges had been filed as of late Saturday afternoon, Edwards said. The incident remains under investigation.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Bangor