Comments for: Police identify 2 men found dead after Orono house fire

Posted Dec. 23, 2012, at 9:49 a.m.
Last modified Dec. 23, 2012, at 5:56 p.m.

ORONO | An early morning fire claimed the lives of two brothers on Sunday. The state fire marshal’s office said Cris Davis, 49, of Milford and Randy Davis, 47, of Orono died in the blaze at 53 Hillside Road, according to Maine Department of Public Safety Spokesman Stephen McCausland. …

Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

  • Anonymous

    This is another sad situation, just before christmas.

  • Anonymous

    The world lost two very gentle souls this morning in the house fire here in Orono. I have known the family for over 30 years, lived next door to them for many years, and they were simply great guys. They would spend the summer hours playing wiffle ball with their kids, throwing horse shoes, cooking out, or talking with friends or family. I am numb and heart-broken at the same time. They were great friends to myself and my family, as well as the Webster Side community, and we will miss them very much! It will not be the same without seeing Randy walking Brittany (his dog) every morning.

    • Anonymous

      How sad. Sorry to hear you lost your friends, and my thoughts are with their families. Christmas will never be the same for too many people this year.

  • Anonymous

    So Sad to hear…….. Prayers to families………

  • Kory Tibbetts

    The phone call I received this morning was truly hart breaking. Anyone that took the time to know these guys would know the world just lost 2 of the most honest people that I often envy’d. No matter how tuff the times where, they where always in good spirts. My thoughts and prayers go out to there children and family.

  • Davida Willette

    i hope there was not foul play involved

  • Anonymous

    It is truly sad that something as simple as working smoke detectors could have saved their lives.

    • Anonymous

      I wondered why they didn’t hear the dog barking.

      • Alec Cunningham

        That’s a good point.  We didn’t hear any barking dog that night.  Was his dog even there?

  • Anonymous

    My condolences to the family and friends of these two men. I am happy to have read an update saying that the man who was missing, has been found.

  • Anonymous

    2 very nice guys I lived next to this house for about a year and got to know them very well, because they were great neighbors and would invite you to hang out all the time. Got to play horseshoes with them and their children and had some good times.. The world lost 2 great guys and thoughts and prayers are with their families and children. :-(

  • Alec Cunningham

    This is terrible. I would see him walking Holly every day a while back. We’ll miss them.

    • Anonymous

      brittney was the dogs name Holly passed away a long time ago..But she was a good dog too

      • Alec Cunningham

        Yeah-I thought it was Holly he was walking all these years!  One day I talked to her and he told me that Holly had passed away awhile back.  Brittney was a pretty happy dog, too.  What happened to her?

        • Anonymous

          Brittney died in the fire too and as for Holly she was sick and he had to have her put to sleep…

  • Anonymous

    Sad to lose anyone but even sadder to lose a couple of apparently nice guys. It is a rough Christmas for too many people

  • Davida Willette

    very sad it has been a very sad christmas so far

  • Anonymous

    Irony….they were being responsible after having a night of socializing and drinking. Just too damn bad.

    • Alec Cunningham

      I was thinking the same thing. We hear about so many people who are not responsible and drive drunk and these guys planned ahead and used a taxi. It really is tragic.

  • Anonymous

    Last week in Cornville, a house burned down when fireworks left next to a wood stove, ignited. Didnt get much publicity.

    Take a look::
    http://media.onlinesentinel.com/images/m%20mike%20smith%20copy.jpg

    • Anonymous

      That has nothing to do with this story, so whoop dee do

    • Anonymous

      You have a sickness.

      • Anonymous

        I am sick of reading about wood stoves,house fires and deaths every other day. The fireworks cause was pointed out primary as combustibles should not be placed next to fireworks. Secondary, the liars in the Maine State Fire Marshall’s office come out a week later and pronounce the problems of the first year of legalized fireworks were insignificant after looking at the Cornville housefire

  • youmihi

    I had the pleasure of getting to know these 2 men over the last 6 months and I can say I will have a hard time working Friday and Saturday nights without them coming in to see me! I am deeply saddened by this and cant believe they’re gone! They had the biggest hearts of anyone ive known! I’ll never forget, as long as I live, telling them, “ill see you tomorrow” as they left and never dreamt that I wouldnt!

  • Anonymous

    RIP Randy and “Cricket”. Two great souls will be missed. So sorry this happened.

  • Anonymous

    My husband grew up in Orono, so this story really hit him.. So sorry to the family of these men. My condolances.

Similar Articles