Man, already facing sex charges, charged with robbing Veazie MiniMart

By Judy Harrison, BDN Staff
Posted Dec. 17, 2012, at 9:14 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — One of two men suspected of holding up a Veazie convenience store at gunpoint last month has been charged with robbery.

Anthony Patricelli, 19, of Old Town made his first court appearance Monday before District Court Judge Gregory Campbell at the Penobscot Judicial Center.

The judge set bail at $25,000 cash on the robbery charge and ordered Patricelli held without bail on a motion to revoke his bail on pending charges of exploitation of a minor and possession of sexually explicit materials. He was indicted on those charged in September by the Penobscot County grand jury and has pleaded not guilty to them.

Patricelli will be held at the Penobscot County until at least Jan. 11, when a hearing on the motion to revoke his bail is scheduled to be held. When he allegedly robbed the convenience store, Patricelli was free on $1,000 cash bail on charges that accused him of secretly taking photos of a 15-year-old girl’s genitals.

The Veazie MiniMart on U.S. Route 2 was robbed at gunpoint about 8 p.m. Nov. 18, according to the Penobscot County district attorney’s office. Two men entered the story, demanded money from the owner and made off with an undisclosed amount of money, according to a previously published report.

Michael Roberts, deputy district attorney for Penobscot County, said Monday after Patricelli’s court appearance that investigators learned Patricelli had talked about the robbery to others, which led police to John Taylor, 20, of Old Town. Taylor confessed to being involved with Patricelli in the the Veazie convenience store robbery, Roberts said Monday. Taylor has not yet been charged in connection with the Veazie robbery, the prosecutor said

Taylor and Wayne Sanborn, 30, of Old Town were charged last week with burglary and theft in connection with a nighttime break-in at the home of a 78-year-old Old Town woman Dec. 8. The men rummaged through her home, taking jewelry and other valuables when they left, according to a previously published report.

Because a weapon was used in the Veazie robbery, Patricelli faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted. He is not expected to enter a plea until after being indicted by the Penobscot County grand jury, which next meets on Jan. 2.

was arrested over the weekend by

is schedule to make his first court appearance at 1 p.m. Monday on a robbery charge.

According to the DA’s office Anthony Patricelli was one of the men.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/12/17/news/bangor/man-already-facing-sex-charges-charged-with-robbing-veazie-minimart/ printed on August 21, 2014