Posted Nov. 30, 2012, at 6:43 p.m.
Last modified Dec. 03, 2012, at 12:10 p.m.
BREWER, Maine — As Mainers use more wood pellets as an alternative to heating oil for their winter warmth, there is a growing demand for bulk deliveries of wood pellets. Bulk delivery has been problematic because of the amount of damage done to the product during the transport and delivery …
An earlier version of this story included a list of some Maine companies that deliver in bulk but mistakenly said they deliver by the bag. H.O. Bouchard’s in Hampden, Heutz Premium Pellet Systems in Lewiston, and Daigle Oil Company in Fort Kent deliver loose wood pellets. Dysart’s in Hermon does bulk deliveries by the bag but also has one industrial customer who buys loose pellets.
Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com
The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.
- Keep it civil and stay on topic
- No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
- People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more
It should be noted this is not a comprehensive list.
- Don't insult one another or the subjects of BDN stories. You may be ticked off at what someone did or said, but you can explain that without resorting to name-calling or obscenity. Remember that young people are on this site too.
- That nasty line that makes your buddies go "haw, haw"? You're better than that.
- Comments should be your own work, not copied and pasted from elsewhere, though brief quoted passages to make your point are fine. And please don't use all capital letters. There's no need to shout.
- Stay focused on the issue in the article. Off-topic posts will be deleted.
- This isn't a forum to chat about your personal life.
- Some ideas — the fate of the earth, abortion, gun control, the nature of God — aren't going to be resolved in a reader forum, so no need to get frustrated if others don't see your point of view. State your position once and leave it at that.
- If you mouse over each comment you will see a "Flag" button. Please use it if you feel comments on the site are out of line. Quite often, we won't see a comment until it's reported.
- Questions about why a comment was — or wasn't — deleted? E-mail us at email@example.com and let us know your username and where you posted or saw the comment.
That's about it: Stick to writing about the stories; be civil; be kind; enlighten your neighbors. And we'll keep moderating posts to try to ensure everyone meets those standards.