LaGrange man jailed after alleged attack on father

Posted Nov. 13, 2012, at 7:04 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — A LaGrange man who allegedly attacked his 64-year-old father last week remained Tuesday night at the Penobscot County Jail on charges that include robbery and assault.

Francis Hazlett, 26, made his first court appearance earlier in the day at the Penobscot Judicial Center, according to Alice Clifford, assistant district attorney for Penobscot County.

Bail was set at $4,000 cash for Hazlett, who has a long criminal history and prior convictions for violence, Clifford said late Tuesday afternoon.

Hazlett was arrested Friday night after the Maine State Police were called about 10:30 p.m. to his parents’ home in LaGrange, Clifford said.

“He threatened to use force, but did not display a weapon,” the prosecutor said. “The father was not injured.”

She said the dispute was over money.

Hazlett is charged with Class A robbery. He’s also charged with assault, terrorizing and theft by unauthorized taking, all Class C crimes, according to Clifford.

If convicted, he faces up to 30 years in prison and a fine of up to $50,000 on the robbery charge alone.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business