One of two Bangor triple homicide suspects moved to Hancock County Jail, sheriff says

Posted Nov. 07, 2012, at 7:19 p.m.
Last modified Nov. 07, 2012, at 8:31 p.m.
Randall &quotRicky" Daluz
New Bedford Police Department | AP
Randall "Ricky" Daluz
Nicholas Sexton
Bangor Police Department
Nicholas Sexton

BANGOR, Maine — One of the two men charged in the shooting deaths of three local people whose bodies were found ablaze in a rental car this summer has been moved from Penobscot County Jail to the lock-up in neighboring Hancock County.

Nicholas J. Sexton, 31, of Warwick, R.I., and Randall “Ricky” Daluz, 34, of Brockton, Mass., both face murder charges in connection with the Aug. 13 deaths of Daniel T. Borders, 26, of Hermon; Nicolle A. Lugdon, 24, of Eddington; and Lucas A. Tuscano, 28, of Bradford.

Daluz was arrested Oct. 2 in New Bedford, Mass., and returned to Maine the following day, and Sexton was arrested at gunpoint on Oct. 4 in Brockton, Mass., and initially attempted to fight extradition but was returned to Maine late last week.

Both have pleaded not guilty to the charges against them.

“We’ve moved Daluz to a different jail — Hancock County,” Penobscot County Sheriff Glenn Ross said Wednesday.

Daluz, who also is nicknamed “Money,” was being held in protective custody at the Penobscot County Jail, under maximum security, because he was experiencing some discrimination and harassment by friends and family of the deceased, Ross said last week shortly before Sexton arrived in Maine.

“We felt Daluz had adapted to the facility” and would adapt easily to being moved, Ross said.

The three victims died of gunshot wounds, police have said, and their charred bodies were found by firefighters inside a white Pontiac sedan, rented by Sexton, that had been set ablaze in the back parking lot of a Bangor business.

Daluz and Sexton are charged with three counts each of intentional or knowing murder and one count each of arson.

Sexton is being held in administrative segregation, Ross said.

“He’s been no problem,” the sheriff said, adding the he expects the two to go to trial sometime next year.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Bangor