Auburn man enters no plea in brutal stabbing case

By Christopher Cousins, BDN Staff
Posted Oct. 31, 2012, at 5:30 p.m.

AUBURN, Maine — An Auburn man accused of stabbing a woman multiple times last month made his first appearance in court on Wednesday.

Jamie Mondragon, 31, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of reckless conduct in connection with the Sept. 30 incident. He was not required to enter pleas during the proceeding in Cumberland County Unified Criminal Court, according to a statement from the Brunswick Police Department.

Mondragon is accused of stabbing a 25-year-old woman in a Brunswick apartment. Three children were inside the apartment at the time, according to police, who also said the woman’s injuries were not life-threatening.

Police said Mondragon had fled after the incident. The U.S. Marshals Service arrested him without incident in Fresno, Calif., two weeks later, and he was extradited to Maine.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/10/31/news/lewiston-auburn/auburn-man-enters-no-plea-in-brutal-stabbing-case/ printed on July 22, 2014