BROCKTON, Mass. — A former Brockton man accused of slaying three people in Maine has been ordered sent back to Maine to face charges there.
Nicholas J. Sexton, 31, appeared in Brockton District Court on Wednesday morning before Judge Paul Dawley.
Sexton hid behind a wall partition, and behind his public defender, James Murphy, during the pretrial hearing.
Dawley said a warrant from Gov. Deval Patrick had been received by the court for Sexton’s rendition to Maine.
“I’ll order him transported to Maine,” Dawley said after conferring with Murphy and prosecutor Dave Belger.
A status hearing was scheduled for Nov. 9. It was unclear Wednesday morning when Sexton would be transported to Maine.
Sexton was held without bail during his Oct. 4 arraignment in Brockton District Court. He is charged with being a fugitive from justice from a warrant out of Maine. The Maine warrant charges Sexton with three counts of murder, arson and flight to avoid prosecution.
On Oct. 4, law enforcement officers stormed an apartment house on North Montello Street in Brockton to capture Sexton, who had been a fugitive. Authorities said they traced Sexton to the North Montello Street apartment through a cellphone.
Sexton and Randall “Ricky” Daluz, 34, of Taunton, Mass., were indicted on murder charges in Maine in late September. Daluz was captured in New Bedford, Mass., on Oct. 2 and was arraigned in that city the next day.
Three bodies were found inside a burning car with Rhode Island plates in a Bangor, Maine, parking lot early on Aug. 13. Maine authorities have said the victims were shot before the car was torched.
Sexton used to live in Brockton and has had several criminal cases in Brockton District Court, the most recent one from 2005.
The victims in Maine were Daniel Thomas Borders, 26, of Hermon; Nicolle Ashley Lugdon, 24, of Eddington; and Lucas Alan Tuscano, 28, of Bradford.