Auburn Applebee’s evacuated for smoking light fixture

Posted Oct. 22, 2012, at 7:10 a.m.
Last modified Oct. 23, 2012, at 5:18 p.m.

AUBURN, Maine — Applebee’s was evacuated Saturday evening when a faulty light fixture began smoking and set off the restaurant’s fire alarm.

Auburn firefighters said the alarm went off around 6:30 p.m., forcing an estimated 40 patrons and employees from the restaurant during dinner.

After a short search, firefighters discovered smoke coming from a light fixture. The city electrician removed the fixture. Because there was smoke in the building, Applebee’s remained closed Saturday evening until a city health inspector could give it the OK to reopen.

Distributed by MCT Information Services

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Lewiston-Auburn