September 20, 2017
Lewiston-Auburn Latest News | Poll Questions | National Monument | Opioid Epidemic | Hurricane Jose

Auburn Applebee’s evacuated for smoking light fixture

By Lindsay Tice, Sun Journal
Updated:

AUBURN, Maine — Applebee’s was evacuated Saturday evening when a faulty light fixture began smoking and set off the restaurant’s fire alarm.
Auburn firefighters said the alarm went off around 6:30 p.m., forcing an estimated 40 patrons and employees from the restaurant during dinner.
After a short search, firefighters discovered smoke coming from a light fixture. The city electrician removed the fixture. Because there was smoke in the building, Applebee’s remained closed Saturday evening until a city health inspector could give it the OK to reopen.
Distributed by MCT Information Services


Did we get something wrong? Please, Let us know, submit a correction.

You may also like