BANGOR, Maine — A problem with Spirit Week decorations caused a fire alarm to go off at Bangor High School on Friday morning, according to Principal Paul Butler.
The alarm went off around 7:45 a.m., and Butler said there were only a few students in the building at the time.
It turned out to be a false alarm, according to Butler. He said the decorations were close to the alarm, causing it to go off.
Bangor firefighters came to the school and checked things out, Butler said. There was never any smoke inside the building.
Classes began as scheduled Friday, the principal said.