Posted Oct. 04, 2012, at 7:04 a.m.
Last modified Oct. 05, 2012, at 1:07 p.m.
The Massachusetts State Police SWAT team, FBI and local police had their guns drawn as they ambushed and arrested triple murder suspect Nicholas J. Sexton early Thursday morning during a “no-knock” raid in Brockton, Mass. Sexton, 31, of Warwick, R.I., was arrested at a woman’s house in Brockton at about …
An earlier version of this story requires clarification. An earlier version of this story stated that Sexton was sentenced in 2006 to two years at the Maine Correctional Center in Windham, and that Daluz was sentenced in March 2007 to a year at Windham. According to Department of Corrections spokeswoman Judy Plummer, while both initially were sent to Windham, Sexton was transferred to the Maine State Prison and the two did not serve together.
Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com
The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.
- Keep it civil and stay on topic
- No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
- People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more
It should be noted this is not a comprehensive list.
- Don't insult one another or the subjects of BDN stories. You may be ticked off at what someone did or said, but you can explain that without resorting to name-calling or obscenity. Remember that young people are on this site too.
- That nasty line that makes your buddies go "haw, haw"? You're better than that.
- Comments should be your own work, not copied and pasted from elsewhere, though brief quoted passages to make your point are fine. And please don't use all capital letters. There's no need to shout.
- Stay focused on the issue in the article. Off-topic posts will be deleted.
- This isn't a forum to chat about your personal life.
- Some ideas — the fate of the earth, abortion, gun control, the nature of God — aren't going to be resolved in a reader forum, so no need to get frustrated if others don't see your point of view. State your position once and leave it at that.
- If you mouse over each comment you will see a "Flag" button. Please use it if you feel comments on the site are out of line. Quite often, we won't see a comment until it's reported.
- Questions about why a comment was — or wasn't — deleted? E-mail us at email@example.com and let us know your username and where you posted or saw the comment.
That's about it: Stick to writing about the stories; be civil; be kind; enlighten your neighbors. And we'll keep moderating posts to try to ensure everyone meets those standards.