Electrical fire temporarily closes Belfast Hannaford

By Abigail Curtis, BDN Staff
Posted Oct. 03, 2012, at 10:26 a.m.

BELFAST, Maine — An electrical fire Tuesday afternoon at the Belfast Hannaford caused the grocery store to close temporarily, according to Belfast Fire Chief Jim Richards.

The Belfast Fire Department received a call about the fire at 3:15 p.m., but store workers had it extinguished by the time fire crews arrived, according to Richards.

Hannaford spokesman Eric Blom said Wednesday morning that staff asked shoppers to leave the store at the time of the fire. The store was closed for a couple hours during the afternoon, he said.

The electrical fire was localized in one refrigeration unit that has since been replaced, Blom said.

According to Richards, no one was injured while working to put out the fire.

The store opened as usual Wednesday, Blom said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/10/03/news/midcoast/electrical-fire-closes-temporarily-closes-belfast-hannaford/ printed on July 22, 2014