PORTLAND, Maine — The Maine Health Workforce Forum will host a series of regional meetings throughout the fall focused on one of the state’s top priorities: addressing increased demands on Maine’s health workforce. The meetings are free and open to the public.
Participants from the industry, including health care professionals and employers, policymakers, educators and employment/labor specialists, are encouraged to attend. Each meeting will provide a platform for the region’s community to meet and network, while receiving an update on initiatives at the state and regional level, identifying and discussing barriers to workforce training and the needs of the workforce, and developing strategies to address needs.
Registration is required at mainehealthworkforceforum.org. For information, contact Sally Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 228-8158.
Regional meeting dates and locations:
• 12:30-4:30 p.m. Oct. 3, University of Southern Maine, Portland and Lewiston Auburn College, Lewiston-Auburn
•12:30-4:30 p.m. Oct. 12, University of Maine at Machias and Washington County Community College, Calais
• 12:30-4:30 p.m. Oct. 16, Husson University, Bangor
• 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Nov. 8, Northern Maine Community College, Presque Isle and University of Maine, Fort Kent
• 12:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 27, University of Southern Maine, Portland
• 12:30-4:30 p.m. Nov. 29, Rockland Public Library, Rockland