BANGOR, Maine — Ryan Petrin, the 21-year-old Grindstone man who was arrested and charged as a second suspect in a Greenbush home invasion earlier this month, will be back in court next month for a bail revocation hearing.
“He has a new violation of bail, so we filed a motion to revoke his bail on the robbery and aggravated assault charges,” Jim Aucoin, assistant district attorney for Penobscot County, said Monday. “He will be held without bail until a hearing on the motion to revoke at 8:30 a.m. on Oct. 5.”
Petrin was released on $1,000 bail posted by his father Friday, Sept. 7, after appearing before District Court Judge Valerie Stanfill via video arraignment at the Penobscot Judicial Center.
He was returned to the Penobscot County Jail after a sheriff’s deputy said she spotted him out past his curfew Saturday night.
“The violation of bail occurred in Medway on September 15,” Aucoin said, explaining that Petrin was found out after the court-mandated curfew of 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. “He also tested positive for oxycodone, morphine, methadone and marijuana in his system.”
Petrin’s bail conditions included no contact with the victim or her family; no use of drugs, alcohol or dangerous weapons; a curfew restricting him to his home between 6 p.m. and 7 a.m.; and an order to stay out of Greenbush.
In the home invasion case, Petrin was charged with Class A robbery, which carries a maximum penalty of 30 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $50,000, and Class B assault with a dangerous weapon, which carries a mandatory one-year prison term and a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison plus fines.
Petrin and Medway resident Nicholas Hutchinson, 23, allegedly broke into a woman’s home in Greenbush and assaulted her and one of her two children early on Sept. 3.