Comments for: Fire in USM dorm was arson, officials say

Posted Sept. 03, 2012, at 10:12 a.m.

GORHAM, Maine — Officials say an early morning fire in a dormitory at the University of Southern Maine Gorham was deliberately set. The fire in a recycling closet in Upton-Hastings Hall was reported at 2:37 a.m. Monday when a sprinkler system went off inside the closet. Staff evacuated 200 students …

Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

Similar Articles

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business