ROCKLAND, Maine — The district attorney said he still is reviewing the police reports from an Aug. 7 shooting in Warren and expects to soon issue a report.
The district attorney acknowledged that this was an “unusual” case and would not comment on whether anyone would be charged until he completes his review and issues the report. He said he had requested additional information from investigators which he received Monday.
The names of the people involved in the shooting have not been released by the Knox County Sheriff’s Office and District Attorney Geoffrey Rushlau said he is not certain he will release names if charges are not filed.
He said a family member of a household in Warren fired a handgun, striking another man once. The wounded man had come from Augusta but had been living temporarily in the home in Warren where the shooting occurred.
Both the shooter and the man shot are adults, he said.
The shooting victim was initially take to Pen Bay Medical Center in Rockport and then flown by a LifeFlight helicopter to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor. Rushlau said he does not know the current condition of the man but that he knows the man survived the gunshot wound and may have been released from the hospital.
The chief prosecutor would not explain what was unusual about this case but said that question would be answered.