June 19, 2018
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Susan Collins | Tiny House Surprise | Stephen King

4 arrested during Def Leppard concert at Bangor Waterfront

By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff

BANGOR, Maine — Bangor police had a presence at the Bangor Waterfront as Def Leppard, Poison and Lita Ford took the stage Wednesday night to entertain a capacity crowd, and at the end of the night had arrested four men, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said.

“There were four arrests in that area,” he said.

Danny Ringuette, 31, from New Brunswick, Canada was intoxicated and charged with four crimes about 10 p.m. when he assaulted a beer tent employee after being cut off, Edwards said. He was charged with assault, refusing to submit and refusing to sign a court summons and taken to Penobscot County Jail. Ringuette had been released by Thursday, the sergeant said.

Officer Eric Tourtellotte made an arrest at about 10:10 p.m. on the waterfront but no details were available, Edwards said.

Police were sent to several fights in the Dunkin’ Donuts parking lot and eventually decided to hangout in the area.

“The guys responding to the third complaint decided to stay on foot,” Edwards said, adding that within half an hour Officer George Spencer had arrested two Bangor men.

Eugene Sylvia, 36, of Bangor was arrested about 9:30 p.m. for apparently punching one of two man walking down the sidewalk in front of where he was situated, Edwards said.

Sylvia wouldn’t stop for police and was taken to the ground by the responding officers. Once cuffed, he was arrested for disorderly conduct and taken to Penobscot County Jail. He was later released, a jail official said Wednesday afternoon.

Stephen Nason, 27, of Bangor, was arrested about 10:05 p.m. for carrying a concealed weapon after someone reported he had a knife on him. The Bowie knife was taken as evidence, Edwards said, adding that Nason was not using the knife in any manner.

“He was in the Dunkin’ Donuts parking lot listening to the music like everybody else,” the sergeant said.

Nason also was taken to the county lockup and remained behind bars Thursday afternoon, a jail official said.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like