Saco man taken to hospital for burns after pouring gas onto brush fire, officials say

By Ryan McLaughlin, BDN Staff
Posted Aug. 22, 2012, at 5:21 p.m.

CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine — A Saco man was taken to the hospital on Wednesday after a brush fire he was tending to exploded.

Jay Moores, 42, is being treated for first- and second-degree burns at Maine Medical Center in Portland, according to a news release from Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland.

Moores was burning a brush pile for a friend on Valley Road at the time of the incident, McCausland said.

When Moore poured gasoline onto the brush fire, it exploded and he was burned. McCausland said the gas was fuel from the contents of an old car’s gas tank.

The state fire marshal’s office is investigating.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/22/news/portland/saco-man-taken-to-hospital-for-burns-after-pouring-gas-onto-brush-fire-officials-say/ printed on July 23, 2014