Comments for: Saco man taken to hospital for burns after pouring gas onto brush fire, officials say

Posted Aug. 22, 2012, at 5:21 p.m.

CAPE ELIZABETH | A Saco man was taken to the hospital on Wednesday after a brush fire he was tending to exploded. Jay Moores, 42, is being treated for first- and second-degree burns at Maine Medical Center in Portland, according to a news release from Department of Public Safety …

Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

  • Anonymous

    So common in Maine.  When will people get the message that you do NOT start a fire with gasoline?  

  • Anonymous

    Apparently this man never understood the expression about pouring gasoline on a fire.It is a cautionary tale, not “how to”.  I hope he is not burned too badly. Even minor burns are no fun.

  • Anonymous

    hope he recoveries quickly. burns are so painful, but honestly a man his 40’s should know better.

  • Anonymous

    What can you expect? He’s a brother to Dumb and Dumber.

  • Anonymous

    Not smarter than a fifth grader.

Similar Articles