Sr. League World Series
At Mansfield Stadium, Bangor
Sunday, Aug. 12
G1: Maine District 3 9, Canada 1
G2: U.S. West 4, U.S. Southeast 3
G3: U.S. Southwest 14, Asia-Pacific 0
G4: U.S. Central 7, U.S. East 6
Monday, Aug. 13
G5: U.S. West 15, Asia-Pacific 5
G6: U.S. Southwest 15, EMEA 3
G7: U.S. Central 8, Maine District 3 5
G8: Latin America 10, Canada 0
Tuesday, Aug. 14
G9: EMEA 2, Asia-Pacific 0
G10: Latin America 6, U.S. Central 1
G11: U.S. East 11, Maine District 3 0
G12: U.S. Southeast 2, U.S. Southwest 0
Wednesday, Aug. 15
G13: Canada 4, U.S. Central 3
G14: U.S. Southeast 5, Asia-Pacific 1
G15: U.S. West 5, EMEA 4 (8 inns.)
G16: U.S. East vs. Latin America, 8 p.m.
Thursday, Aug. 16
G17: U.S. Southeast vs. EMEA, 10 a.m.
G18: Canada vs. U.S. East, 1 p.m.
G19: Latin America vs. Maine District 3, 5 p.m.
G20: U.S. West vs. U.S. Southwest, 8 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 17
G21: Pool A winner vs. Pool B runner-up, 11:30 a.m.
G22: Pool B winner vs. Pool A runner-up, 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 18
G23: G21 winner vs. G22 winner, 2 p.m.
Maine District 3 (Hampden-Newburgh/Waldo County/Hermon/Glenburn LL); Canada (Notre-Dame-de-Grace LL, Montreal, Quebec); U.S. Central (Western LL, Grand Rapids, Mich.); U.S. East (Auburn LL, Auburn, Mass.); Latin America (Juvenil de Guatemala LL, Guatemala City, Guatemala)
Asia-Pacific (Bayside Westhaven LL, Auckland, New Zealand); Europe-Middle East-Africa (Emilia LL, Emilia, Italy); U.S. Southeast (South Beaches/West Melbourne LL, Brevard County, Fla.); U.S. Southwest (West University LL, Houston, Texas); U.S. West (Lemon Grove LL, Lemon Grove, Calif.)
NORTHPORT — David Potvin made his second hole-in-one on the 156-yard, par-3 12th hole at Northport Golf Club on Wednesday. Potvin used an 8-iron and the shot was witnessed by Jack Johnson and George Cushman.
Thursday’s starters, 7 p.m.
First, Trot, $10,605
1. Rose Alba, K. Ireland
2. Katahdin Liv, S. MacKenzie
3. Abbie’s Valentine, K. Switzer Jr.
4. Song of Virtue, G. Corey
5. Blazee Moving, W. Watson
6. Future Cast, M. Athearn
Second, Pace, $2,250
1. Jolly Good Fella, K. Switzer
2. Honored Hall, C. Cushing
3. Van Esteem N, H. Campbell
4. Douglas Road, K. Switzer Jr.
5. Saftic, W. Campbell
6. Mister Mystic N, C. Nye
Third, Trot, $11,839
1. Edgar’s Brother, G. Mosher
1A. Victory Valley, G. Hall
2. Lord of Earl, K. Switzer Jr.
3. Rowan Cooper, K. Switzer
4. Wakefield Fire, O. Davies
5. Bad Boy Bernie, K. Ireland
6. The Mighty Quinn, I. Davies
7. Obrigado, H. Campbell
8. Cilly Band, W. Watson
Fourth, Pace, $3,000
1. Spice of Life, C. Ryder
2. Another Deepregard, G. Mosher
3. Cinco de Cinco, K. Switzer Jr.
4. JB Rose, H. Campbell
5. Elegant Talker, S. Thayer
6. Chanteuse Hanover, K. Switzer
7. First Dance, W. Campbell
8. Dottie Rules, G. Bowden
Fifth, Trot, $4,000
1. Super Lover, R. Vachon
2. Hillbilly Bone, M. Cushing
3. Darowen, I. Davies
4. Kid Cormac, K. Switzer
5. Search For Reality, S. MacKenzie
6. Evening Attire, H. Campbell
Sixth, Pace, $4,500
1. Bcause U Loved Me, R. Hall
2. RD Shoeless, G. Mosher
3. Random Blizzard, C. Nye
4. Larkin, D. Deslandes
5. Silly Britches, K. Switzer Jr.
Seventh, Pace, $3,000
1. Dontpassdamustard, K. Switzer Jr.
2. Mysticole Maggie, G. Mosher
3. Rusty’s Rascal, W. Campbell
4. A Place Out West, M. Cushing
5. Smoknintheboyzroom, G. Bowden
6. Double Down Yankee, H. Campbell
Eighth, Pace, $3,600
1. Race Me Villa, W. Childs
2. Tom and Stan, K. Ireland
3. Scootinupthecoast, G. Mosher
4. Rush of Emotion, H. Campbell
5. Roddy’s Nor’ester, K. Switzer Jr.
6. Romantic Life, K. Switzer
7. Sheeza Hottie Girl, W. Campbell
8. Pawnmyshoes, S. Thayer
Ninth, Pace, $6,000
1. Barbara Ann, K. Switzer
2. Townline Christie, S. Thayer
3. Gracie Gracie, G. Mosher
4. Coconut Cove, H. Campbell
5. Rintintin, K. Switzer Jr.
Tenth, Pace, $2,250
1. Imperial Art, M. Athearn
2. You Belong With Me, K. Switzer Jr.
3. A Bit Like Britt, G. Bowden
4. Woman Manager, K. Switzer
5. Art’s LadyShark, H. Campbell
6. Terra Cotta Bay, G. Mosher
7. I’m All Sporty, C. Nye
Fort Fairfield 1, Van Buren 0
Madawaska 3, Cent. Aroostook 0
Fort Fairfield 6, Van Buren 2
Madawaska 3, Cent. Aroostook 2