BRUNSWICK, Maine — Firefighters cleaned up a mess resulting from a malfunctioning freezer last Saturday in a Southern Maine Community College building at 141 Admiral Fitch Ave.
Crews called out at 9:04 a.m. discovered “lots of water” flowing from the freezer, Deputy Fire Chief Don Koslosky said. Koslosky was not certain of the cause, but said the sprinkler head in the freezer might have broken, or become overheated.
Firefighters shut down and drained the sprinkler system and vacuumed up the water before turning the matter over to SMCC janitors, Koslosky said.
The Brunswick Fire Department sent an engine truck, tower and rescue unit, and received mutual aid from a Topsham ladder with salvage equipment. Crews cleared the scene at 10:30 a.m.
See more from the Times Record at timesrecord.com.