Tickets for the 2012 Common Ground Country Fair are on sale at advance sale ticket outlets throughout the state. Many of the participating advance sale outlets also are selling copies of the 2012 Common Ground Country Fair poster, an illustration of garlic scapes by Maine artist Lyndsey Marston.
The Common Ground Country Fair is the signature event of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association. The fair will take place Sept. 21-23 at MOFGA’s Common Ground Education Center in Unity. Gates open at 9 a.m. each day.
Tickets and posters also are available from MOFGA’s online store.
More than 60,000 visitors attend the Common Ground Country Fair. Many purchase their tickets at the gates when they arrive. While the volunteer sellers and takers make every effort to move the crowds swiftly through the entrances, the lines can be long. MOFGA encourages those who can purchase their tickets in advance to do so. It will make the visit to the fair more pleasant. All fair-goers holding advance tickets may go directly to the front of the ticket lines.
Members of MOFGA get into the fair free all weekend and may enter through the MOFGA tents located at each ticket gate. MOFGA memberships are available online.
Admission prices are the same in advance as at the gate: $10 each day for ages 13-64; $8 each day for ages 65 and over. Free all weekend for children 12 and under, MOFGA members and handicapped citizens.
Volunteers are needed for many different jobs at the fair.
Advance ticket and poster outlets
• Augusta: Harvest Time Natural Foods.
• Bangor: Bangor Wine & Cheese Company, Bookmarc’s, Briar Patch, Central Street Farmhouse.
• Bar Harbor: A&B Naturals, Salsbury’s Organic Garden Center.
• Bath: Bath Natural Market.
• Belfast: Belfast Co-Op Store, The Green Store.
• Bethel: Good Food Store.
• Biddeford: New Morning Natural Foods.
• Blue Hill: Blue Hill Co-Op, Inc., Mainescape.
• Brunswick: Gulf Of Maine Books, Morning Glory Natural Foods, Skillin’s Greenhouse.
• Camden: Nature’s Choice, Well Tempered Kitchen.
• Cumberland: Skillin’s Greenhouse.
• Damariscotta: Maine Coast Book Shop, Rising Tide Community Market.
• Ellsworth: John Edwards Market, Inc., The Grasshopper Shop.
• Falmouth: Maine Audubon Store, Skillin’s Greenhouse.
• Farmington: Everyday Music, Greenville, Maine Mountain Company Store.
• Kennebunk: New Morning Natural Foods.
• Liberty Village: Liberty Graphics.
• Lincoln: Earth’s Bounty.
• Newburyport, Mass.: Natural Grocer.
• Newport: Endless Herbs & Natural Foods.
• Orono: The Store at Ampersand.
• Portland: Whole Foods Market.
• Rockland: Good Tern Co-Op, Huston Tuttle, Reading Corner.
• Rumford: Red Hill Natural Foods.
• Scarborough: Lois’ Natural Marketplace.
• Shapleigh: One Earth Natural Food Store.
• Topsham: Lee Auto Malls.
• Unity: Mac’s Hardware, Unity College Bookstore.
• Waterville: Berry’s Stationers, Children’s Book Cellar, Ron’s Variety.
• Windsor: Hussey’s General Store.
• Winthrop: Apple Valley Books.