PORTLAND, Maine — One person has been injured in a butane stove explosion aboard a charter fishing vessel in Maine.
Coast Guard crews were notified just before 10 a.m. Saturday that a passenger aboard the charter vessel Dawg Daze had been burned in the explosion and that the boat was headed back to port.
A rescue boat carrying Coast Guard personnel and three Portland fighters met the charter vessel about seven miles off the coast of Portland and brought the 35-year-old man to shore, where he was then taken to Maine Medical Center.
The fishing boat is based in Harpswell. The victim’s name has not been released.