CAMDEN, Maine — The Merryspring Kitchen Tour will take place 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 1. The tour features eight home kitchens with a gourmet tasting from a local chef at every stop. Each kitchen will feature two different chefs 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 12:30-3 p.m.
The tour will feature these homeowners and chefs:
• Barbara and Leon Bausch, Rockport, with Starlight Custom Cakes, Rockport and Hartstone Inn, Camden.
• Lorraine and Philip Streat, Rockport, with Conscious Kitchen, Camden and Fromviandoux, Camden.
• Kathrin and Richard Anderson, Rockport, with Atlantica, Camden, and French & Brawn, Camden.
• Hannah Demmons, Rockport, with Café Mediterranean, Camden and The Slipway, Thomaston.
• Madeleine Houston and Daniel Hauptman, Donald and Deborah Dodge, and Ruth and David Dodge, Rockport, with Amalfi on the Water, Rockland and Laura Cabot Catering, Waldoboro.
• Special Tasting at EBS Style Solutions, Camden, FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Raffle at this stop. Win a dinner at Francine Bistro, Camden, or Shepherd’s Pie, Rockport. Bottled water and restrooms also available.
• Jane and Joel Lafleur, Camden, with 40 Paper, Camden and Café Miranda, Rockland.
• Carol and Burt Keenan, Camden, with Primo, Rockland and The Market Basket, Rockport.
• Conway House, Camden, with Sandy Oliver, food writer and historian, Islesboro, takes place all day. Door prize at this stop. Win a basket of gourmet foods from Stonewall Kitchen. Book signing by Sandy Oliver. Museum open free of charge to tour-goers.
Tickets are $30 the day of tour, at any of the kitchens, or at Merryspring Nature Center, Conway Road, Camden. Or purchase a ticket for an individual kitchen for $10. Proceeds will support Merryspring Nature Center. For information, call Merryspring at 236-2239 or visit merryspring.org.