Fort Fairfield man requests trial on sexually explicit materials charge

By Jen Lynds, BDN Staff
Posted June 17, 2012, at 3:07 p.m.

FORT FAIRFIELD, Maine — A Fort Fairfield man who worked with a local afterschool program and was charged in September 2011 with possession of sexually explicit material has requested a trial on the charge.

Jake B. Rogeski, 24, was indicted by the Aroostook County grand jury in March.

Aroostook County District Attorney Todd Collins said earlier this week that a status conference on the case was held late last month and that Rogeski has requested a trial.

Sgt. Glenn Lang of the Maine State Police Computer Crimes Unit said at the time of Rogeski’s arrest that his unit spent several days in The County investigating a tip that ultimately led to a search of Rogeski’s residence.

Lang said investigators discovered a number of images, including 15 video clips, in Rogeski’s possession. Lang said the children in the images appear to be between 5 and 7 years old. Police do not believe that any of the victims are from the local community.

Rogeski was employed by SAD 20 to assist with its 21st Century After School program but resigned after the investigation began. Students in the program receive help with their homework, are given healthful snacks and participate in other programs to help them excel academically and socially.

He had worked in the program for three or four years with children in grades three to six, according to district officials.

Rogeski was arrested but immediately posted bail. His bail conditions mandate that he have no contact with children under 18 years old. He also cannot possess any technology that could be used to access the Internet.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/06/17/news/aroostook/fort-fairfield-man-requests-trial-on-sexually-explicit-materials-charge/ printed on July 28, 2014