BANGOR, Maine — The City of Bangor is pleased to announce that the Bangor Farmers’ Market will open for business on Sunday, June 3. The market is a result of a collaborative effort between the city and area farmers to bring a market to Bangor.
The market will run weekly from noon to 3 p.m. Sundays through the month of November. The market is located in the Abbot Square parking lot on the corner of Harlow and Franklin Streets, across from the Bangor Public Library. Participants of this inaugural season will offer fruit, vegetables, poultry, beef, plants and more.
All products are made or raised by the member; many certified organic products will be available. The market will accept EBT and SNAP benefits.
2012 Bangor Farmers’ Market Members are:
• Avalon Acres Orchard and Farm, St. Albans: apples, fruits and value-added products.
• Black Fox Farm, Montville: vegetables, herbs and flowers.
• Commonwealth Farm, Unity: pastured poultry, eggs and nonpasteurized wildflower honey.
• Cornerstone and Fail Better Farms, Etna: pastured pork and MOFGA-certified organic produce.
• Donna’s Daily Bread, Levant: fresh breads.
• Firefly Farm, St. Albans: artisan breads, cakes, pies and more.
• Forest’s Edge Garden LLC, Hampden: annuals, perennials, trees, shrubs, herbs, fruits and veggie starts.
• Fox Hill Alpaca Farm, Waltham: yarns and felted soap.
• Greencare Plantscapes, Hermon: vegetable and perennial plants.
• Mackie Family Farm, Unity: MOFGA-certified organic vegetables, herbs, poultry and herbal products.
• Nelson Family Farm, Palermo: grass-fed Angus beef.
• Nettie Fox Farm, Newburgh: MOFGA-certified organic produce.
• Olde Oak Farm, Maxfield: hand-crafted milk and goat cheeses.
• Peacemeal Farm, Dixmont: MOFGA-certified organic produce and seedlings.
• Tangled Oak Farm, Monroe: pastured pork, grass-fed beef, eggs and produce.
• Wise Acres Farm, Kenduskeag: vegetables and herbs.
• Worcester’s Wild Blueberries, Orneville: wild blueberries and value added.
Brochures with complete information about members will be available at the market. For more information on the market visit facebook.com/bangorfarmersmarket.