September 25, 2017
Mid-Maine Latest News | Poll Questions | Hurricane Maria | Orion Krause | Obamacare

Comments for: Somerset jail refuses inmates from other counties over cost dispute

Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com

The Bangor Daily News and the Bangor Publishing Co. encourage comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

  • Anonymous

    Wow cheaper to put them up in a hotel.  No wonder hotels charge so much since the jails do

  • Guest

    ……

    • Anonymous

      Most inmates in the county jail system are awaiting trial or are on probation and bail violations. In other words they haven’t been convicted of their current offense. You can’t fix stupid and a lot of these people keep repeating the same stupid acts which bring them back to jail on many occasions.

      • Anonymous

        You hit the nail on the head….

      • Guest

        ….

        • Anonymous

          First of all the jails don’t go out and recruit people to be their guests. The police don’t go out and pick people at random to arrest. In order to become a resident in a jail or prison, you actually have to do something that goes against the law.

          Trust me the file systems in every jail in the state (everyone who gets booked has a file) contains 90% are one time arrests. Which translates to 90% of those arrested either learn their lesson or were bailed and not prosecuted. Never to return to jail. Of the remaining 10% I would say that the vast majority of them get it out of their system by the time they are in their mid 20’s. The remaining 2 or 3% just can’t seem to change their lifestyle. And of course you have that .001% that are pure evil, that shouldn’t be on the street.

          There is nothing that makes me feel better than seeing one of the people I dealt with in the jail system that has turned their life around and are living full productive lives.

          • Guest

            ….

You may also like