FREEPORT, Maine — The Maine Innkeepers Education Foundation, affiliated with the Maine Innkeepers Association, will present nine Maine students with hospitality scholarships at the eighth annual Tees & Textbooks event Monday and Tuesday, June 4-5.
The Scholarship Dinner will take place at 5:30 p.m. Monday, June 4, at the Senator Inn in Augusta. Scholarship presentations will be made at 7:45 p.m.
More than $157,800 has been awarded to 249 Maine students since the scholarship program began in 1984. The program was designed to inspire Maine students pursuing hospitality careers.
Scholarship recipients are:
• Sierra Warner of Northport, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Charles Samelson Award of $1,000. Sponsored by Dirigo Stitching and Harry Samelson.
• Jordan Handy of Lewiston, Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, N.Y. Ed Langlois Award of $500. Sponsored by Sebasco Harbor Resort.
• Laura Brown of West Poland, Husson University, Bangor, Maine.
Women in Hospitality Award of $2,500. Sponsored by Nancy Gray, Maureen McQuade, Kathryn Weare, Jean Ginn Marvin and Marian Burns.
• Alexander Proach of Moody, University of New England, Biddeford, Maine. Maine Innkeepers Memorial Award in Memory of Ray Weymouth, $600. Sponsored by employees at the Best Western Waterville Plus Hotel.
• Hailee Carter of Otis, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, N.H. Jedediah Scott Award of $1,000. Sponsored by Peter Daigle of Lafayette Hotels.
• Lee Kitchen of Rockport, New England Culinary Institute, Montpelier, Vt. Dennis Johnston Award of $500. Sponsored by Colonial Surveying.
• Darren Veilleux of Winslow, Johnson & Wales University, Providence, R.I. John “Jack” Gibbons Award of $600. Sponsored by Fisherman’s Wharf.
• Dylan Bouchard of Greenville, University of Maine, Orono, Maine.
Harold Nelson & Irving Small Award of $500. Sponsored by Nelson & Small Inc.
• Belinda Place of Morrill, Thomas College, Waterville, Maine. Ed and Fay Carpenter Award of $1000. Sponsored by friends and family members and Carrabassett Coffee.
Tickets are $55 per person and proceeds will benefit the Maine Innkeeper’s Association Education Foundation. For information, call Jennifer Parlin at 865-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 18th annual Maine Innkeepers Association Hospitality Golf Classic will begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday, June 5, at the Belgrade Lakes Golf Club.