Careless disposal of smoking material cause of Carmel fire, officials say

Firefighters look over debris on the front porch after dousing a fire that broke out in a living room of a trailer home on Penny Lane in Carmel just before 9 p.m. Monday, May 7, 2012. The inhabitant made it out safety but was treated briefly in a Carmel ambulance.
Firefighters look over debris on the front porch after dousing a fire that broke out in a living room of a trailer home on Penny Lane in Carmel just before 9 p.m. Monday, May 7, 2012. The inhabitant made it out safety but was treated briefly in a Carmel ambulance.
Posted May 08, 2012, at 5:14 p.m.
Last modified May 08, 2012, at 6:18 p.m.

CARMEL, Maine — A fire that started in the living room of a Penny Lane residence on Monday night was started by “carelessly disposed of smoking materials,” Sgt. Tim York of the state fire marshal’s office said Tuesday.

A man who was staying at 49 Penny Lane as a guest was treated for minor injuries after the red mobile home caught fire at around 9 p.m., Assistant Chief Bill Crowley of the Carmel Fire Department said on Monday.

“The occupant of the house was treated at the scene and not transported,” York said. Firefighters from six area departments responded and quickly extinguished the fire, Crowley said.

BDN writer Nick McCrea contributed to this report.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business