BANGOR — The Downtown Bangor Partnership announces the 7th annual Cool Sounds Concert Series and Outdoor Market, now extended through August. The market, located along Broad Street and in West Market Square, will be held at 5-8 p.m., Thursdays, June 21-Aug. 30; up to 50 vendors are expected. The market is held in conjunction with the Cool Sounds free concert series at 6-7:30 p.m. 6:00 PM- 7:30 PM on the same dates.
The 2012 Cool Sounds line-up:
• June 21, Rockin’ Ron (oldies, surf, country, doo-wop and rockabilly);
• June 28, Mellow Endeavor (rock, jam);
• July 5, Half Moon Jug Band (country, bluegrass);
• July 12, Rog & Ray (tropical rock);
• July 19, Everett Dumas (acoustic rock, pop);
• July 26, RetroRockerz (good‐time music of the ‘50s, ‘60s, and ‘70s);
• Aug. 2, Stesha Cano (“blue-eyed soul”);
• Aug. 9, Kahbang Street Party (TBA);
• Aug. 16, The Veayo Twins (modern, alternative);
• Aug. 23, American Folk Festival Preview: Marshall Ford Swing Band (Western swing music);
• Aug. 30, The Time Pilots (music of the ‘80s).
Limited vendor space is still available; items sold must be handmade, prepared or raised by the vendor; emphasis is placed on Maine-made, specialty food items and produce. Examples include artwork, baked goods, produce, specialty foods, handbags, jewelry, photography and much more. Food vendors are also welcome. Vendors may sign up for five weeks, 10 weeks or a single-day option. This year vendors are eligible to receive a special rate at the Aug. 9 KahBang Kick-Off Street Party. Vendor information is available at www.downtownbangor.com/market.