Community meetings have been designed to help baby boomers and other Medicare beneficiaries understand the basics of Medicare and make informed health care decisions.
UnitedHealthcare will host a series of meetings in Maine to help baby boomers and other Medicare beneficiaries better understand the Medicare program.
In Maine, 267,000 baby boomers will turn 65 this year and become eligible for Medicare. The UnitedHealthcare events will help these newly eligible individuals and other Medicare beneficiaries learn about their options.
“Our goal is to help people enrolling in Medicare for the first time or making changes to their coverage feel more comfortable and secure in the process,” said Steve King, regional vice president of UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement in Maine.
At the meetings, local licensed sales agents will present information about the basics of Medicare, as well as an overview of UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans available in Maine. Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions about their coverage options and how to find coverage that best meets their health and financial needs.
The following meetings will be held across Maine through June:
• Weathervane Seafood Restaurant, 306 U.S. Route 1, Kittery; 1 p.m. first Wednesday of each month.
• Panera Bread, 37 Xavier Loop, Augusta; 10 a.m. second and fourth Saturday of each month.
• Weathervane Seafood Restaurant, 380 Gorham Road, South Portland; 2 p.m. second Wednesday of each month.
• Cabela’s, 100 Cabela’s Blvd., Scarborough; 2 p.m. second Wednesday of each month.
• Captain’s Gallery Restaurant, 168 Saco St., Old Orchard Beach; 10 a.m. first Saturday of each month.
• Sebago Brewing Company, 65 Portland Road, Kennebunk; 6:30 p.m. second Tuesday of each month.
• Weathervane Seafood Restaurant, 1601 South Main St., Sanford; 6:30 p.m. second Wednesday of each month.
• Rooster’s Coal Fired Pizza & Tap House, 110 Community Drive, Augusta; 7 p.m. first Thursday of each month.
• China Rose Restaurant, 42 Bath Road, Brunswick; 7 p.m. second Thursday of each month.
• PeoplesChoice Credit Union, 774 Post Road, Route 1 S., Wells; 10 a.m. first Thursday of each month.
• PeoplesChoice Credit Union, 39 Country Club Road, Sanford; 10 a.m. first Friday of each month.
• Tim Hortons, 5 Horton Place, Topsham; 10 a.m. second Saturday of each month.
• Panera Bread, 11 Main St., Westbrook; 10 a.m. first Saturday of each month.
More than 122,000 Maine beneficiaries are enrolled in UnitedHealthcare Medicare plans. Members enrolled in UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans have access to a care provider network of 16 hospitals and more than 1,900 physicians and other health care professionals statewide. With more than 10 million members enrolled in its plans nationwide, UnitedHealthcare is the largest business dedicated to meeting the health and well-being needs of seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries.