Three teens charged in rash of car break-ins in Eddington area

By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff
Posted April 16, 2012, at 5:34 p.m.

EDDINGTON, Maine — Three teenagers who were caught by Maine State Police with items stolen during a rash of car burglaries earlier this month have been charged, Maine State Police Trooper Michael Johnston said Monday.

James Cook, 18, of Bangor and Belfast and two 16-year-olds — a boy from Eddington and a girl from Milford — were linked to 11 car break-ins that occurred in Eddington and Bradley on or around April 1 and investigated by Johnston and Trooper Kyle Willette.

“In addition, they solved six car burglaries that had never been reported,” the Maine State Police website said.

Cook and the 16-year-old boy both were charged with multiple counts of theft by authorized taking or transfer, attempted theft, burglary of a motor vehicle and receiving stolen property.

The girl was charged with receiving stolen property.

“All of the targeted vehicles were unlocked,” Johnston said in a statement.

The vehicles were parked at residences on Clewleyville Road and Monument Drive in Eddington and areas in Bradley near the intersection of Route 178 and Route 9.

“Taken was a variety of items, [including an] XM radio receiver, 110 electrical adaptor, hydraulic jack, portable ashtray, scratch off ticket, a purse, money, a leatherman tool, and a hunting knife,” the state police website states.

James is scheduled to go before a judge at the Penobscot Judicial Center on May 17, and both juveniles have court appearances scheduled for June 5. They also have to meet with a juvenile community corrections officer, Johnston said.

“Much of the property stolen has either been accounted for and/or recovered,” the trooper said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/04/16/news/bangor/three-teens-charged-in-rash-of-car-break-ins-in-eddington-area/ printed on September 21, 2014