SOUTH WINDHAM, Maine — Officials say no one was hurt when a fire swept through a garage on the grounds of the Maine Correction Center in Windham.
Judy Plummer of the Maine Department of Corrections says a pickup truck that was being repaired by inmates caught fire Monday. She said the fire was caused by sparks from a cutting tool and that the state fire marshal’s office has classified it as an accident.
The building was evacuated and no one was injured. Local firefighters cut holes in the roof of the garage and extinguished the blaze.