Comments for: Unattended candle blamed for fire at Colby College dormitory

Posted April 06, 2012, at 9:36 a.m.

WATERVILLE | An unattended candle that was left burning on a bureau in a Colby College dorm room was blamed for a Thursday morning fire that forced the evacuation of a building known as the East Quad. Captain Jeff Brazier of the Waterville Fire Department said the fire broke …

Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

  • Anonymous

    “Colby students are not allowed to have candles in their dorm rooms”
    Another example of supposedly “smart” people who think The Rules don’t apply to them…
    Send the kid(s) the bill for the entire cost of the mess caused by their stupid decision!

    • Tom

      But Muffy might miss a Jaguar payment!

    • Anonymous

      Same thing can be said for people that drive cars the ” rules do not apply to them “

  • Guest

    Number one rule of dorms = don’t burn candles.  Come on kids, use some common sense!

    • Anonymous

      common scents

  • Anonymous

    The furniture in dorm rooms isn’t more likely to catch fire… This could happen anywhere.. just don’t leave candles unattended (or burning near flammable substances), and everything will be fine.. 

Similar Articles