1 charge dropped against ex-BU player in dorm case

Posted March 23, 2012, at 6:34 p.m.

BOSTON — One charge has been dropped against former Boston University hockey player Corey Trivino, accused last year of forcing his way into a woman’s dorm room and groping her.

A spokesman for the Suffolk District Attorney says a charge of assault with intent to rape was dropped Thursday because there wasn’t evidence of a specific intent to rape. Trivino, of Toronto, Canada, still faces felony counts of indecent assault and battery and breaking and entering. He has pleaded not guilty and returns to court April 27.

Trivino, then the leading goal scorer in Hockey East, was suspended from the team after his December arrest. Prosecutors said he forced his way into the woman’s room after she asked him and others to be quiet during mandatory dorm quiet hours. He was a 2008 draft pick of the New York Islanders.

SEE COMMENTS →

View stories by school

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Sports