LAMOINE, Maine — The investigation continued Tuesday into a weekend shooting in Lamoine that killed one man and injured three others.
The scene of the shooting remained cordoned off with police tape Tuesday afternoon as a team of state police investigators worked inside and outside the small wooden house in the coastal Hancock County town.
State police spokesman Stephen McCausland said detectives continue to attempt to reconstruct the sequence of events but added that he did not expect any new information to be released Tuesday.
There have been no arrests or charges filed.
Lawrence “Randy” Sinclair, 32, of Ellsworth died on Sunday at a Bangor hospital as a result of a gunshot wound to the head. Three other men were also shot and wounded during the incident: Torrey Garland, 34, of Ellsworth; Joshua McKinney, 25, of Ellsworth; and Michael Carter, 30, of Lamoine.
Garland had been listed in critical condition at Eastern Maine Medical Center on Monday evening. McCausland said Tuesday there had been no change in the status of the victims.
The incident happened at around 4:30 a.m. when four people — Garland, McKinney, Sinclair and his brother, Jacob Sinclair — drove to Carter’s house in Lamoine in two cars. Jacob Sinclair, who was not injured in the shooting, has indicated that the group was there to resolve some sort of dispute.
Police have yet to state why they believe the men were at the house but State Police Lt. Chris Coleman said Monday that investigators were taking a look at Jacob Sinclair’s statements on his Facebook page and at others. Police have recovered one gun from the property on Route 184 but have not said whether any other firearms were involved.
“We have not drawn any conclusions in and around the shooting,” Coleman said Monday during a press conference. “Our goal is to get to the bottom of who shot who.”