Fire doused at Moody’s Diner in Waldoboro

Posted March 12, 2012, at 10:19 a.m.
Last modified March 12, 2012, at 6:15 p.m.

WALDOBORO, Maine — A fire was extinguished quickly Monday morning at Moody’s Diner during the breakfast rush.

Damage was very minor, said Fire Chief Paul Smeltzer.

The call came into the department at 6:50 a.m. that there was a structure fire at the diner on Route 1 in Waldoboro.

When crews arrived, it was determined that heat had radiated from the cooking top of one of the stoves, through a heat shield and to a stud in the interior wall. He said about 1 cup of water was used to put out the fire.

The crews were gone shortly after 7 a.m. and the restaurant was back to serving its customers, the chief said.