BANGOR, Maine — Police working the early shift at the Bangor Police Department got quite the surprise.
Officers reported hearing a loud explosion from the boiler room at about 6:40 a.m. Tuesday and seeing a plume of smoke coming from a roof vent.
The building was evacuated and the fire department was called.
The fire department accessed the boiler room and within a minute deemed the building safe to re-enter.
There was no damage to the boiler room. It appears there was some sort of malfunction with the boiler when it turned on. It will be inspected.