BANGOR, Maine — Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine recently announced that it awarded grant funding totaling $85,205 to seven Maine nonprofit organizations. This brings the total grants awarded by the organization in 2011 to $175,354.
In September and October 2011, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Maine awarded funding to the following organizations:
• Boys and Girls Club/YMCA, Waterville: $35,000 — $17,500 from RMHC Maine and a matching grant of $17,500 from national RMHC — to support the Alfond Youth Center.
• Jobs for Maine Graduates, Augusta: $4,000 for the Financial Literacy Program.
• Healthy Kids, Damariscotta: $12,195 for its Child Abuse Prevention program.
• Children’s Museum and Theatre of Maine, Portland: $5,000 to support the Autistic HeART Program.
• A Company of Girls, Portland: $4,000 — $2,000 from RMHC Maine and a matching grant of $2,000 from national RMHC — for The Ensemble program.
• Girls Scout of Maine, South Portland: $4,000 — $2,000 from RMHC Maine and a matching grant of $2,000 from national RMHC — for A Place for Girls.
• Youth Alternatives Ingraham, South Portland: $21,010 to help fund the Deering Place Playspace project.
Visit rmhcmaine.org for information about RMHC’s grant application process and qualifications to apply, and how to make a donation to RMHC of Maine. More information is available by calling 990-2763.