TOPSHAM — The American Cancer Society needs people in communities and businesses throughout Maine to assist with its Daffodil Days program. Volunteer coordinators are needed to inform members of the community about the program, take orders from individuals and businesses wishing to purchase Daffodil Days products, submit orders and distribute the flowers the week of March 19. To become a coordinator, contact Crystal Derocher at 373-3719 or email email@example.com. Volunteers also may sign up at cancer.org/daffodils to become a coordinator. Volunteers also are needed to sort and pack bouquets for order fulfillment at the Topsham office Saturday-Monday, March 17-19.
“This year, we are hoping to raise more than $150,000 in Maine to further the American Cancer Society lifesaving mission. We can only do that with the help of community and business coordinators that are willing to spend time taking orders, organizing them, and then distributing them when they come in,” said Crystal Derocher, community executive for the American Cancer Society.
Daffodil Days products are:
• A bouquet of 10 fresh daffodil blossoms, $10 donation.
• Three mini-daffodil bulbs in a soil filled pot, $15 donation.
• A bouquet of 10 daffodils and a Boyd’s collectible stuffed bear, $25 donation.
• Gift of Hope: daffodils delivered to a cancer patient undergoing treatment at a hospital or cancer center, starting at $25 donation.
• Bear Hugs for Hope: special edition, collectible bear delivered to a child impacted by cancer, $25 donation.
Flower and product orders may be placed through Friday, March 2, by calling the American Cancer Society at 227-2345 or 373-3726. Delivery will begin Monday, March 19.